Each team participating in the Guardian Games Cup will have their own unique link here on the Bungie Foundation site, so many sure you donate to support your favourite team! Not only is it a battle for points and medals, it’s also a battle to see who can raise the most money for a good cause.
By contributing to an officially registered streaming team throughout the Guardian Games Cup period, you will be supporting Direct Relief.
About Direct Relief
Direct Relief is a humanitarian aid organization, active in the US and more than 80 countries, with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies – without regard to politics, religion, or ability to pay.
Direct Relief operates in the regions below:
- US/Canada: Direct Relief runs the largest charitable medicine program in the United States, working with over 1,100 nonprofit health centers and clinics to increase access to prescription medication and specialty care for patients. The organization also helps health providers prepare for and respond to emergencies, including earthquakes, hurricanes and wildfires, by providing emergency medical packs and working with safety-net clinics to give communities access to essential medical care during these hard times. Direct Relief has provided critical medicines, resources, and solar power to healthcare facilities throughout Puerto Rico post-Hurricane Maria in 2017. These activities have led to the organization’s newest initiative, Power 4 Health, to equip health centers across the U.S. with solar and battery back up power.
- LatAm: Direct Relief has built strong working relationships across Latin America with national health ministries, multilateral organizations and local health organizations. Direct Relief has delivered over 15 million pounds of medicine and supplies to 500+ hospitals and clinics in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. The organization’s unique position of being able to safely transport and distribute cold chain medications worldwide allowed it to facilitate the delivery of over 10 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to Mexico, significantly increasing the population’s access to the medicine. Direct Relief has significant presence in LatAm, including an office in Mexico City for its affiliate Direct Relief Mexico and a robust hurricane preparedness program. Over the last 12 years, Direct Relief has delivered more than $1.5 billion worth of medicines and supplies to more than 20 countries throughout the region.
- South America: Direct Relief has delivered over $890 million worth of medicine and supplies to 100+ hospitals and clinics in nearly a dozen countries in South America since 2010. A large focus in 2022 has been responding to record storms that ravaged through Brazil and caused significant flooding crises. The organization has also worked with the Brazilian Ministry of Health o identify needs of health centers throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, and is working to deliver 90 million gowns into the country.
- EU: Direct Relief has delivered over $360 million worth of medicine and supplies to 40+ hospitals and clinics throughout Europe since 2010. Much of the focus of 2022 has been in response to the Ukraine crisis. On April 15, Direct Relief committed $10 million to launch a direct cash assistance initiative enabling Ukrainian refugees in Poland to obtain prescription medications at no cost. The organization continues to work directly with the Ministry of Health and partners in the region to identify needs of the citizens and increase distribution capability for essential medicines.
- Asia: Direct Relief has delivered over $2 billion worth of medicine and supplies to 350+ hospitals and clinics throughout Asia since 2010. Direct Relief has long-supported hospitals in India, Pakistan, Cambodia, and more than 20 other countries in the region. Over the last several years, Direct Relief has provided medical aid to support disaster responses following the 2015 earthquake in Nepal, Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines in 2013, and ongoing refuges crises in Syria and Yemen. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Direct Relief has collaborated with medical institutions across the region to provide financial support, PPE, oxygen concentrators and 29.6 million doses of vaccines.
About The Bungie Foundation
The Bungie Foundation
We are a people-focused organization that builds and empowers our community to improve the health and wellbeing of children, uplift the rights of all individuals and communities, and provide aid in times of crises.
Bungie Foundation Impact Report